Music - Performance & Teaching
* Most of my playing these days is a duo on the Rockaway Beach Boardwalk with Simon Chardiet on bass; usually Sundays from 3-5.
Here's a good pic of us with an article on where to eat in the neighborhood..
*I recently reorganized my Bandcamp page - some recent work, some older work, live and in the studio; it's all here...
* Here's a track I recently put together - It's a cover of Bossa 31 by Rosalia De Souza: Saxes, flutes, Rhodes..
* My latest CD/EP of some recent compositions was released just before the pandemic – just 4 tracks - short and sweet.
Free Ride is sort of my catchall for band size these days, and I’ve been working with this trio version over the last couple of years. Me on tenor, Simon Chardiet on bass, and John Bollinger on drums. Simon is one of the hardest working musicians I know, an awesome guitarist and bassist who crosses genres with ease. And John is a one of my favorite drummers; creative and nuanced; he lays down a sweet groove.
Plus the CD features incredible artwork from artist Susan Graham.
You can listen and stream on all the main platforms; Apple Music, Spotify, (search for ' Tim Otto & Free Ride') etc, but there's nothing like having a physical copy; You can buy the CD on CDBaby: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/timottofreeride - or through Bandcamp.
Here's a quick turn around ambient studio creation, featuring flute, some simple piano loops, bass, strings and fx...Hanging Gardens..check it out..
* Really happy to be featured in a recent episode of the podcast, Fresh Underground - featuring all sorts of interesting indie musicians and bands.
The episode is called 'Los Angeles to Tokyo' - check it out: It's a little hard to navigate to - Scroll down and look for the Season 2 tab on the left hand side - We're in Season 2 - Episode 8.
* The Rockaway Beach Jazz Festival that I've curated for the past seven years is on hold. There have been a lot of changes on the boardwalk businesses that hosted the festival. The festival may be back at some point through the NYC Parks Dept; they are building a bandshell right off of the boardwalk, so that would be the ideal location.
For pics and more info about past festivals, go to the Festival tab on this website. Stay tuned!