Music - Performance & Teaching
* Here's a track I recently put together - It's a cover of Bossa 31 by Rosalia De Souza: Saxes, flutes, Rhodes..it's all here..
* Free Ride is sort of my catchall for band size these days, and I’ve been working with this trio version over the last couple of years. Me on tenor, Simon Chardiet on bass, and John Bollinger on drums. Simon is one of the hardest working musicians I know, an awesome guitarist and bassist who crosses genres with ease. And John is a one of my favorite drummers; creative and nuanced; he lays down a sweet groove. Plus the CD features incredible artwork from artist Susan Graham.
* The latest CD/EP of some recent compositions was released just before the pandemic – just 4 tracks - short and sweet. You can buy the CD on CD Baby: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/timottofreeride
You can listen and stream on all the main platforms; Apple Music, Spotify, (search for ' Tim Otto & Free Ride') etc, but there's nothing like having a physical copy - so get it from CD Baby, or directly from me. I’m selling the 4 track CD for $8 with free shipping, (in the US)
Stream it here..
* Really happy to be featured in a recent episode of the podcast, Fresh Underground - featuring all sorts of indie musicians and bands. The episode is called 'Los Angeles to Tokyo' - check it out: Look for the Season 2 tab on the left hand side - It's in Season 2 - Episode 8.
* The Rockaway Beach Jazz Festival that I've curated for the past seven years is not happening for 2021. There have been a lot of changes on the boardwalk businesses that hosted the festival, so I'm regrouping and hoping to bring it back in 2022 through the NYC Parks Dept; they are building a bandshell right off of the boardwalk, so that would be the ideal location - stay tuned!
Here's a quick turn around ambient studio creation, featuring flute, some simple piano loops, bass, strings and fx...Hanging Gardens..check it out..